1. The speed and moving distance of the mold
The distance that the mold moves during the opening and ejection of the part should be reduced to avoid wasting moving time. Of course, the mold must move enough to allow the part to be removed from the mold before the mold is closed again. Therefore, the shorter the moving distance required to demold the part, the less time it will take. When the injection molding machine is in good condition, the transition from high-speed opening to low-speed ejection can be quite smooth.
The equipment needs some maintenance to complete these speed changes, but these costs can be reduced from molding time, saving time and getting multiple returns. In order to achieve the minimum mold moving time, adjust the deceleration limit switch so that the mold will not contact or damage the part too much during the pre-out process, and optimize the high-speed section of the stroke.
2. Appropriate periodic maintenance
Appropriate periodic maintenance to ensure that this deceleration can be repeated every time
The time to generate clamping pressure is another delay in the entire mold opening time. This time may be affected by mechanical wear and hydraulic valve failure. Therefore, periodic mechanical maintenance can maintain good operating conditions.
• Shorten the mold opening stroke to the minimum necessary to make the parts and runners fall off;
• Eliminate any factors that make ejection difficult, like flashing around the thimble
• Shorten the stroke to the minimum necessary;
• Use the fastest mold opening and closing speed, and at the same time, stop and close appropriately and slowly to prevent damage to the mold;
• Look for all the delays in closing the mold and generating the clamping pressure, which indicate the failure of the mechanical or hydraulic valve;
• A large number of inserts and inserts activities in the mold also increase the mold opening time. With a little consideration of product design (reducing undercuts), the ejection action can often be automated or semi-automated;
• If the delay is caused by the loss of the mold, the mold should be repaired to reduce the delay;
Develop good injection molding machine operating habits to improve the life of the machine and production safety are greatly beneficial.