1. The characteristics of plug seedlings
It has wide adaptability and can sow a variety of crops; the root system is tightly entangled with the substrate, and there is no slow seedling stage after planting.
2. Advantages compared with traditional seedling cultivation:
(1) Energy saving. Traditional seedling raising 100 plants/㎡, planting 700-1000 plants/㎡, energy saving 2/3.
(2) Labor-saving and high-efficiency. Traditional nursery soil tufts weigh 500-700g, and seki is less than 50g.
(3) The quality of seedlings is high.
(4) Suitable for long-distance transportation.
3. The key technology of vegetable plug seedlings
The seedling tray is an important carrier for plug seedlings. According to different materials, they are divided into polystyrene foam plugs and plastic plugs. The latter is more widely used. The standard size is 54cm×28cm, with 20, 50, 72, 128, 200, 288, 400, 512 seedling holes. The selection of the number of holes in the seedlings is related to the type of vegetables and the age of the seedlings.